Add Hyperlink to Article Text (update 28.01.2017)
You need to know the address of the page you want to link. The best way to do this is:-
- Open the page you want to link to.
- Copy (Ctrl-c does this) the address in full from the top of the browser screen
In your article:-
- Enter the text to be linked if it is not there already. (This is what appears as an underlined link in the finished page.)
- Highlight the text to be linked
- Click the "Insert/edit link" icon (two chain links).
This opens the dialogue box
- Paste in the address of the destination page in the Link URL box (Ctrl-v)
- In the 'Text box below the URL box, add text that will show up as the link, if not done earlier.
- Click drop-down arrow at 'Target' box - there is a list of choices.
- Choose 'Open in New Window' (To open in a new window, rather than in the same page this is often helpful for external sites:-)
Finally - to insert the link -Click on the Insert button at the bottom of the dialogue box.
After saving the article, test the link to make sure it works!!